MID-WEEK RUN TO JINDIVICK CAF? ? Thursday 25th October

The rendezvous was 10:30am at The Stump Tearooms for an 11:00am start. We then headed over the freeway en route to the Warragul-Shady Creek Rd, then left onto Bloomfield Rd, north to the Old Sale Rd and right onto Mizpah Settlement Rd continuing onto 42 McDougal Rd for a visit to Eric Irvine?s Garage Gallery. Eric is an automotive artist with a large collection of model cars, paintings, prints, custom-made cabinets in the shape of old petrol bowsers and a Scalextric race lay out. From Eric?s it was onto Neerim East via Sheffields Rd, Sawyers Rd and Railway Rd. From there it was onto the Main Neerim Rd through Neerim South, then left into the Jindivick-Neerim South Rd. As we were running a little ahead of time, John took us on a guided tour of the Tarago Reservoir car park ! From there it was onto our favourite Hillclimb over the Tarago River and up to Jacksons Track at Jindivick, arriving at about 1:30. There were about eighteen of us in 10 cars comprising the Fowlers in the MX5, Weymouths in the Alpine, Humphreys in the new Mini Cooper, Swinglers Mustang mounted, John and Jennifer Rooke swapped their TR6 for a C-type Merc coupe, John Duggan brought along his late model WRX. Mike and Di Whitford joined us at Eric?s in the SLK Merc and Peter Witney arrived late after having trouble with a fuel leak in the boot of his Monaro. Victor Brandi and his grandson met us there in the SLC Merc while Sandy Goddard was also late due to the brakes binding up on her MGB and having to settle for a Holden. Eric followed us from his Gallery in his Falcon, but assured us that since he has sold his Formula Ford racer, he is now in the market for a classic sports car. Ordering lunch became complicated when Merv Swingler insisted on inspecting their range of relishes for his hamburger, after much deliberation and discussion he settled on the rhubarb and ginger relish. The rest of the meals were much simpler, nourishing, and excellent value for money. After lunch we adjourned to the car park to talk cars and offer advice to Victor who had stalled the SLC and couldn?t get it restarted. The trouble turned out to be a loose battery terminal. So after we got him going, we set off on our separate ways for home. Many thanks to Jan and John Fowler for organizing the event.

Words by John Weymouth, pictures by John Fowler.

no images were found

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *